Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 950 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
FIrst I would like to thank everyone for your feedback,advise and support.

foompla, to answer where I live, I live in new york, so not far from Jersey.

Well, I was hoping to get this issue resolved over the weekend cause Monday morning I have to commute to work and back home and the only way to get there is over the parkway. But I defenitly will give them hell for not even attempting to help or doing something about it. Specially again, this is my third car that I bought from the same dealership within a year. Anyway, I'm still not sure if it is now the gas or soemthing really wrong with the car. Will try though disconnecting the battery if you guys think that could work. But like IFCAR said in the previous post, if it is the gas, how comes the VSC light came on as well???? I have been thinking about that as well but then I thought that with all the jumps that the car had yesterday that maybe the VSC sensor or system got messed up???? The mechanic that I saw today said, that since the engine was running of balance that the VSC system got messed up as well. To be honest with you guys, I dont really know much about Cars other then driving them and playing with all the little gadgets inside the car. I try though to learn as much as I can but this I really need help with. I was actually going to get the Car all waxed and shine over the weekend since I am so far the only one in the neighborhood with the new camry.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
do you guys think that if it is the gas that i put in yesterday, would toyota still cover the cost to fix it??? That is one of my big concerns that they will blame it on the gas and not cover the expenses???

·
Pissed
665 Posts
foompla said:
nah, pdi is just set the tire pressure, install trim, check fluids etc

When i do PDI's i peel off any film that might be there, fluids, fuse, tire pressure, and i drive it, There is also a checklist that MUST be gone over, from radio operation, to body defects. (The new cruiser is bad ass!!!! lol)

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
16,189 Posts
call the manager and/or owner of the dealership. you spent WAY too much money to get jerked around like that.
Complain about the guy that wouldn't help you, he'll prolly get fired. He's only a pee on sales person and theres a hundred other sales people out there waiting for his job. He, and the dealership, should be bending over backwards for you.

btw they should have taken your car in on saturday and given you a loaner until the work was completed.

·
The Regenerator
599 Posts
Sorry to hear that your new Camry isn't behaving as it should. Just one thing to add. If you do the ECU reset thing by disconnecting the battery, there's one thing to watch out for. Toyota radios are notoriously sensitive to power being cut unexpectedly, and can be fried beyond repair if they're left in the "on" position when you disconnect the battery. Don't ask me how I learned this little factiod. . . Good luck and I hope you get your car on track.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Each dealer has a Customer Relations Manager, who is an employee of Toyota and not the dealer. I would try to also complain to that person because they are physically at the dealer and can respond probably faster than through the toll free number.

I would physically show up at the dealer to see the service advisor. If they send you away, tell them if the car dies on the freeway and the car gets into an accident due to his your issue, the dealer and him will be held liable because they didn't take your issue serious enough. If they were smart, they would tell you to come in right away, leave the car over the weekend and give you a loaner. What's $50 to Toyota for a loaner versus taking a chance on serious damage that would cost much more to Toyota or the dealer.

This is going off the tangent, but I heard the reason for the oil change specials at the dealers is to promote people to do oil changes on a regular basis. Toyota figured they rather take some losses on the oil change rather than having to pay out on replacing engines. As recent as 5 years ago people didn't do oil changes regularly and the oil would start to sludge and lock up the engines. I believe up to model year 2002, Toyota covered engine failure due to sludge build up. Anything past that timeframe, Toyota made a point in advising people to do oil changes.

Long story short, Toyota rather spends a little now, rather than payout a lot more later.

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
AESANTIAGO,

Ok, this is what you should do. Make sure you document everything, record dates and time as to what happened. Document phone conversation, names, etc. Escalate this issue to a manager. If he is not willing to help, escalate to his manager and so forth. Make sure you have all your facts at hand and everything documented. If you call your dealership, call them on your cell phone, so there is a record. If that fails, contact Toyota USA (Toyota Canada, if you're in Canada). Write a letter to them, state all your facts and how you have been a loyal Toyota customer, etc. Having things is writing is very powerful.

Make sure you get only a Toyota mechanic to check out your car. IF not, you may void your warranty. They find some excuse.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Problem with Toyota dealerships is that they are run by Americans.

I hate to have to say that, but it is true. The people there only care about their paycheck and are about as friendly as a Aligator Snapper.

I work in service and am really nice to every customer unless they threaten me.
I understand about the stress from service too.....people seem to think they all know more than you and shit..........and teh stupid people...........i get those in droves(sp?)

Let me ask you this.............if toyota service people were all nice and smart and genuinely interested in Toyotas.........

Why are there so few of them here?

This is the nicest forum I am on and I have learned more here in less than a year than in 4 years of highschool. Everyone here shows respect to at least a certain degree..........

Where are the Toyota employees at?

I know there are Toyota techs here and have to assume they are an exception to the rule.

It saddens me to be predudice against my own nationality but people piss me off with their attitude and take on life.

Who here knows the golden rule of service????????
No one even tried to follow that with this problem.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Dealers always Blame it on the Gas, when i went to have my Gen 5 Checked out and this was when Gas Prices were shooting up, My problem was a Rattle under light acceleration which i found some articles about it being the intake manifold, and all they did was blame it on my Gas as confronting me of using cheap(87) gas and i told him i use 93 all the time, they he just lead to another statement telling me to go to a different and more well known Gas Station to fill it up and i just told him back that i go to the Exxon Right Next to you Guys. After that He just shut up and said its a normal sound. As till this day i still havent fix the sound but as soon as i have time im going to another dealer.

·
Toyota Hemi
313 Posts
Does the 2007 camry have any security options where you disconnect the battery you might need a code from the dealer for the radio to work? My friend replaced a battery on his acura and this happened to him, except it gave him 1 hour to enter the code or the car didnt turn on. Just something to look into ( I am new to toyotas).

redgtxdi said:
Well, definitely try unhooking the battery & see if that helps!!

Oh, another trick, is that you can turn on the headlight switch when you do that to drain the reserve power in the ECU more quickly. However, I dunno if this will work with your '07 as I believe the headlights are kinda' electronically controlled & might power off themselves anyway.

But if it *does* work, you could leave the battery unhooked for a couple minutes only & accomplish the same thing. If you try that, rehook the battery & it still does it, then ditch the headlight idea and just unhook the battery for a solid hour & that should ensure a reset.

Good luck!! Sorry this is happening to you!! It shouldn't be!!! :disappoin

·
VeeZed
2,298 Posts
My advice in ANY situation where you've just spent $25k+ on a brand new motor car, no matter how automotive litterate you are, take it BACK...get them to deal with it. You shouldn't even have to THINK about anything like that going wrong after 1 week of having a new car. If they can't fix it or whatever..get them to give you another vehicle....:disappoin

·
Registered
191 Posts
New Toyota is coverd 24/7 is called road side assistance with 1-800- find it out in your booklet. In this case, I will not use it unless it's checked up and fixed. If from gas, I think it's not covered but the gas company will hold resp. if found water in gas. My Camry is 4 and I use only regular gas, if using the higher rate one then come back to normal one, you will feel different.
Do not attempt to do anything by yourself or warranty will be voided!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really think you put bad gas in the car. I would let the gas burn out and try high end gas or another brand name gas from the one you used.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It could very well have been bad gas. If it was bad gas, usually letting it sit overnight will cause the water to seperate itself from the gas, and the car should be able to start fine the next day. (Regarding the seperation, it'll either sink to the bottom, or float to the top, regardless, it seperates furthest from the where the gas is usually sucked into the engine).

Try starting your car and running it today. If it starts just fine, then it's probably water in the tank. Let it run down to 1/2 during the week, then put good gas (from a reputable gas station, not a convenient store) and fill it up.

Prior to this, you can add a bottle of 'Heat'..it's in a yellow bottle and sold at most gas stations. It evaporates any water in the gas tank. Don't tell the dealership you did this.

Good luck and God Bless! Sorry you had this happen, but Toyota service is generally not open on Saturdays.

Mike/Gameday

·
Registered
482 Posts
the computer sometimes sets a code for a miscellanious malfunction. I forget the number, but it sets the vsc and not the check engine light. I highly doubt the vsc system is affected. it happens most often in the sequoias ive noticed.

DONT disconnect the battery. all thatll do is allow the ecm to forget the memory presets and then you wont have any diagnostic trouble codes. and then theyll REALLY be pissed off because tey wont be able to pull out any dtcs. serivice writers are quick to point out that its the gasoline because its such a common occurance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
AESANTIAGO said:
Well, I thought I would share my first problem with my new 07'CAMRY that I encountered today to look for feedback and advise, so here it is:

Yesterday afternoon after enjoying my new car a full week, I went to the gas station to fill up the tank... My tank was pretty empty!!!!!! ...the rpm are going high and low.

To be continued.................................
I hate to tell you, but it sounds like you have water in the gas... and it's no one's fault but your own. Letting your tank get really low is the absolute easiest way to put water in it. All the air that goes in a fuel tank as your car drains fuel has a certain amount of moisture in it (unless you live in Phoenix), and if you keep it empty long enough, air temperature fluctuations will cause that air to dump its moisture; when it gets cooler, IT WILL RAIN IN YOUR FUEL TANK! Before you cry and moan any more about this, buy a couple of bottles of dry gas, run them through at least as many miles as you've put on the car already, all the while keeping your tank filled with premium. If it continues, THEN start the letter-writing campain to the dealership and Toyota.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
You were talking about the trans fumbling around with gears, didnt a bunch of people say that the trans was kinda tweaky when they went for test drives? It might just be that the trans they put in the 07's sucks ::shrugs::

Also, when you go into the stealership, dont mention anything about the gas you put in, the less reasons they have to blame it on you, the more chance you have of getting it fixed for free.

·
FLIP'N THE G-5 WHIP
895 Posts
new production models are bound to have some bugs... i hope there are no recalls for the 07.

·
Dominican Republic
435 Posts
Here is some quick advice,

Take a regular gallon or half gallon of milk (empty) and go to the gas station ASAP before they get the next shipment and buy 1/4 gallon of gas and if need be have it analysed. This is going to be your evidence if the gas station is responsible for selling bad gas.

I don't know much about dealerships but as a Hospitality Major I know that if you are polite, respectful and talk to the right people, you can have your car fixed and make some friends. Just find that person and ask them what their reaction would be to the style of service that you have recieved thus far. Try to get them on your side, once you do that, you will find that they will be more willing to help you.

21 - 40 of 950 Posts