Toyota Nation Forum banner

941 - 950 of 950 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know about tried and true

I have a 2002 Camry with the 4 cylinder. The head gasket went at 58,000 miles and covered under warranty. It went again this past week at 108,000 miles. But, this time the cylinder head was warped because of it. $3000 to replace cylinder head, gaskets, etc. Now as i was driving it out of the dealership when I picked it up this morning, the check engine light came on. It has a VVTi problem that they are currently trying to diagnose. I might be the one in 10,000 that has a problem this serious with the 4 cylinder, but it happened. And it happened twice (head gasket).

Corolla_Dude said:
Ya the engine is tried and true and the 5 speed tranny is as good as gold. Same as the 06 Camry V6 transmission. Even the 2.4 is slightly tuned a little better No problems have occured with the 4 cylinder Camrys what so ever and they drive amazing. Lucky that most of the Camry that we sell are 4 cylinder

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tranny...

Did Toyota ever get to the bottom of the transmission problems on the 2007 V6 cars? Please post asap I might buy a new one today.
Thanks in advance.

·
2007 Camry SE V6
238 Posts
jwroot said:
Guess I'll wait for the 2008 and hope they get it right. Thanks
I would say you've made a very wise decision.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Camry V6 problems

Try another dealership and DON'T mention them that you filled up with a "bad" gas. That is a perfect reason for them to turn everything on you and blame someone else. Remember: their object is make money on service. Let them figure out what is going on and then decide what to do. Most likely dirt/dust/chips/... whatever was in gas line or in a gasoline, but THEY have to fix it. It is their job and so if you will keep mention about 'bad" gas (I doubt it was) you help them to avoid free repair.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I didn't want to create a new thread, but something new happened to me this morning. About 5 minutes after started driving, I was slowing down to a stop at a traffic light on flat ground. I noticed that it was much harder to usual to slow down, and then I realized that the car was at 2K RPM's, and then slowed to 1.5K RPM's when I finally came to a stop, then after a few seconds it went to the normal 700RPM's. I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but it seems like a pretty serious problem if it starts to happen often.

Theres also brake squeak, noises when turning, and a few rattles.

941 - 950 of 950 Posts