Toyota Nation Forum banner

1st Post lousy dealer

952 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  MR2Jedi 
#1 ·
Hello All;

I don't know the rules and it's better to ask first then to jump in with both feet and sink past the neck. Have owned 6 new Toyota's and now can't even get service locally, would like to explain but I need to know if this kosher. Please advise, thanks.

#2 ·
Welcome to Toyota Nation! If you have an issue with a specific Toyota you own or have owned, just go to that specific forum and post. But if it's a general question regarding Toyotas, like with the servicing you mentioned, you could post that to the General Discussion forum. Lots of people here ready to help out.

:thumbsup:

TrailDust

#4 · (Edited)
Dr. Boat - I'm in the same boat (no pun intended) with the local Toyota dealerships. My entire family has owned Toyotas since 84, six of which have been mine. Within the past year I've had pretty serious issues with every dealer locally and I now have to drive 30min to get to the closest decent dealership for service and they even damaged my front lip and denied all responsibility last time I was there.

...I sure don't have these issues with my wife's V50. The local Volvo dealership is a bit of a dump but its within 2mi, they do good work and they treat us like we bought a +$30k car from them. ...oh wait, we did... so I guess they treat us with nothing less than the respect and attention that a service oriented business should.

btw, this was my example of an acceptable rant. :)

#6 ·
Thanks All;

I was to take delivery of my second 08 this year, walked in the showroom didn't see my salesman (found out later he was in the shop) looked at the owner in his office, he looked at me and 20 minutes later still no one said a word to me (but the 40 person staff broke there backs to get me that truck). The boss made an appointment with me on Saturday to be there at noon Monday, I left very upset and seven hours later my salesman calls and ask when I'm going to take delivery of this Tundra (cash no trade). They even went and got another truck from another dealer not the the one we agreed on to make the deal and it wasn't the same thing, they had to add options to it here. I was so upset that after my salesman and I hung up the owner called and made me go through it all over again, I left the truck with them. Two weeks later I get a call from my wife, she went there to get her oil changed and tires rotated, the service mgr. came out introduced himself, shook her hand and said we will no longer service your vehicles. My wife said what, he said do you want to back your car out of the shop or do you want me to do it for you, she said I'll do it. What a chicken #%&* way of doing business, I believe they didn't have to work at all to sell Toyota's in the past and now with the downturn in the econmy they simply don't have the ability to buckle down and take care of good customers. For me it's 200 miles round trip for service and that's to far so we will have to look at a new brand. I know when I was a business owner (boats) and if I would have screwed up a deal that bad I'd have been on the buyers front step of his house begging to compleat the sale at any cost and pray my employies never found out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.