Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a few ??'s regarding my "new" car which i will be picking up this thurs...
1. i have a stereo system (HU, AMP, Sub, Wires, amp powers only the sub), where can i get a wiring harnes adapter and a Dash Mount kit for the Pioneer DEH 1550 HU??? i do not want to cut the wires on either the HU or the Harness if i dont have to.

2. What is the oil capacity of the 2.5L V6? i plan to do an oil change as soon as i get it.

3. where is the cheapest place to find replacement parts (the car doesnt NEED anything right now, but you never know)?

4. Does it require Premium Gasoilne?? its not a problem if it does, i just want/need to know.

5. Does it have Timing Belts or Chains? inerference or non interference???

can ya help me out with these??

thanks.

i was told by skperformance over at LExusOwnersClub.com that you all could help me out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not too sure about the es250. If you want some info, try www.clublexus.com

They have alot of es owners that'll be able to help you out w/ your questions.

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
The ES series does not require premium gas, it has timing belts and the oil capacity is 5.2 quarts.

oo, thank my dad, he works at a lexus dealership :D

Hope this helps :thumbup:

·
Not so Noob now!
564 Posts
Your ES250 is in essence an upgraded Camry LE.

Oil Capacity: Should be around 4 to 4 1/2 qts (depends on size of oil filter) I run Synthetic with a K&N filter.

Parts: Mechanical same as Camry 2VZ-FE equipped cars and it depends on the part on how cheap a replacement is... Be smart, buy quality for good prices. When shopping for parts ask for 1990 Camry V6 parts, because some places will charge extra for the same part if you say "Lexus". I will sometimes go online to www.partsamerica.com or www.autopartsgiant.com and get prices for the part I need print them out and take them to a local parts place for price matching.

Gas: 87 octane minimum, if the car knocks go with a higher grade.

Engine: Timing belt, Non interference. If you don't know when it was changed last do it ASAP. When that is done also have the water pump and timing belt idlers replaced along with all the spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor, since it is easier to do those items when the engine is out/apart anyway. After doing those items you should be good to go for quite a awhile.

·
Not so Noob now!
564 Posts
troy said:
The ES series does not require premium gas, it has timing belts and the oil capacity is 5.2 quarts.

oo, thank my dad, he works at a lexus dealership :D

Hope this helps :thumbup:
You might want to have your dad double check that oil capacity he gave you... If I dumped that much oil into my ES250 it might have a cornary.:lol:

I have a Chilton's that covers 1983 to 1992 Camrys. For the most part it covers the ES250 also (even though there is no mention of it in the manuals) Good reading material.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
so ill fill to 4 qts and add if nessecary. LOL. cool, this answeres alot of my questions...except i still cant find the dash install kit for my stereo...

about the synth. it has an oil leak in the valve covers...is it safe to say if the valve covers are lseeping now on dino oil than synth will make it worse??? it als has nearly 140,000 on it, so should i worry about the valve seals???

thanks again.

EDIT: oh and how much do the timing belt and all that cost if done at a shop???

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i found exapmles here of a dash kit:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Actuall i meant to check their camry section for info on the details of your model since it is the same. Since it is exactly the same and the camry has a lot of owners on this site.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heh my bad man...oops. i did but the post never got replied to...

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my bad guys, my bad ;)

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one problem i have rigth now...the automatic switches on the drivers door, if i push the window switch down, it pushes into the door compartment...is there a mount or something under there that s broke??? easy fix??

ill take a pic tomorrow and let you know.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
new Question!!

the yellow foglight thats closest to the grille on either side of the car...how do i get the bulb out and what bulb # is it???

Also, these wticthes...about how much do they cost:

as you can see, mine are broken...:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts