Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new to the forum and this my 2nd toyota I've proudly owned and in this post I'd like to know if theres any way I can fit gen 2 avalon headlights on my gen1. I recently have done a few upgrades and I'd really like to use the 2nd gen headlights for their clarity and looks. I've seen someone have this setup on their gen 1 and was very impressed by it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers 馃嵒

Registered
01 Avalon XL, 03 Avalon XL
The assemblies are two completely different shapes, with the Gen 1 being simpler (straight across the top) and with 2 components (headlight assembly and parking light assembly). Are you planning to alter your Gen 1 hood and fender?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly I'd prefer not to unless it's a direct bolt on and I cant recall the guys name on here but I saw he had did it to his and when I searched this on his here doesnt look like anyone has done this except him I'm afraid.

Super Moderator
You might be thinking of a swap between the early Gen1 (95-97) and the later Gen1 (98-99). The headlights are slightly different, and the swap is doable, but not perfect. Here's a thread about it from the sticky.

Super Moderator
Happy to help! If you do it, it would be great if you could post some pics in that thread showing the diff's in the mounting they talk about. And pics of the finished job too. The old pics in that thread have gone missing.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
You know what that's a great idea I mean I have so many things done to my avy there may be others who may want to have or share info in regards to the mods or fixes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts