Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the forum and really glad i found you! I've got a '95, 4 cyl. 2.7 tacoma and this thing is a real little truck. I love it so much that I would like to have it around for another 100K+ miles or so. The truck has 190,000 miles with ALOT of the original parts on the engine. (only replaced the starter at about 140K). I am at the point to where I want to put some money in it and keep it around. My main question is related to the timing chain. There are no unusual noises coming from that area and there doesn't seem to be a problem related to the timing of the engine, but I was wandering if I should go ahead and replace the two timing chains that are on my engine...seeing how my mileage is approaching 200K. If so, can this be done without pulling the head as the toyota maintenance manual suggestes? I have read other threads on older models (that have only one chain) that this can be done without pulling head. I didn't know if it made a difference with mine having 2 chains.

Also, my check engine light has been on for about 40,000 miles, but I'm assuming that's some sensor that has gone bad and should let Auto Zone or someone like that help me determine what the problem there is. It doesn't seem to be affecting the way the truck runs.

Any other maintenance checks or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
03' Matrix XRS 6sp
109 Posts
Get the code read and report back! :) FWIW, I've never had a timing chain fail, belt, yes, chain, no.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts