Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Grandma Highlander
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added a k&n drop in filter to my 2007 highlander limited. When swapping in the new filter I saw a filter in the top half of the air box. I tried to get it out but it wouldnt come out. Does anyone know what im talking about? If nobody knows what im talking about i will take a picture. THank you for any help

·
Grandma Highlander
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this forum sure is slow. Well i figured out what it was. It as called a carbon filter. Im going to pullit out like most other toyota owners.

·
This Space For Rent
14,150 Posts
Lots of the 2005+ Tacoma owners have done that to their carbon filters. However, it provides no measureable performance gains.

·
Grandma Highlander
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Barely 21hrs passed since your question was posted. Sorry TN is too slow for you.
Glad you figured it out.

Im just giving you a hard time. Im used to a honda board where literally you post something and you have a million replies right away. You have to admit there is not very much action in the highlander section though.:(

·
Grandma Highlander
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lots of the 2005+ Tacoma owners have done that to their carbon filters. However, it provides no measureable performance gains.
Yeah i figured there wouldnt be any HP gains. i like it because its a free mod and so if it yields me 1 extra mpg i will take it. I do know it is flowing a little more free because you can hear a tone change in the airbox.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Yeah i figured there wouldnt be any HP gains. i like it because its a free mod and so if it yields me 1 extra mpg i will take it. I do know it is flowing a little more free because you can hear a tone change in the airbox.
I removed the carbon filter from my 2008 Highlander since it serves no purpose other than impede air flow by a very small degree. I've had no problems or issues since removing it.

As for the 1st Gen forum, it's hit or miss with activity, but overall it's slow since it tends to be an older crowd looking for repair resolutions, versus something like the Corolla forums which have lots of young people actively modding, etc., and those forums are always jumping.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Its because Honda owners have no life with their broken down junk stuck in the driveway. We, TN members, have reliable transportation to go out and aren't glued to the web.

Doing a 10 minute battery disconnect after its removal will help make a difference. Pigheaded ECU is slow to adapt. Both the Highlander and Tundra in my driveway feel peppier and definitely go further on a tank of gas. Carbon smog filter is a restriction.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Its because Honda owners have no life with their broken down junk stuck in the driveway. We, TN members, have reliable transportation to go out and aren't glued to the web.

Doing a 10 minute battery disconnect after its removal will help make a difference. Pigheaded ECU is slow to adapt. Both the Highlander and Tundra in my driveway feel peppier and definitely go further on a tank of gas. Carbon smog filter is a restriction.

Honda = broken down junk stuck in driveway. Very creative and funny ...thanks for the laugh : ) I drove only Honda and Acura products for last 30 years, 2 years ago we switched to Toyota and Lexus cars. But seriously I think both are very reliable brands.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Im just giving you a hard time. I'm used to a Honda board where literally you post something and you have a million replies right away. You have to admit there is not very much action in the highlander section though.:(
:D Because nothing ever goes wrong with the Highlander :D

this forum sure is slow. Well i figured out what it was. It as called a carbon filter. I'm going to pull it out like most other Toyota owners.
Or better yet, we Highlander owners can figure stuff out on our own because we can think!!!

·
Grandma Highlander
12 Posts
:D Because nothing ever goes wrong with the Highlander :D

Or better yet, we Highlander owners can figure stuff out on our own because we can think!!!

you said that to the wrong person. I have had my 07 HLL for a month and it has been in the shop for 2.5 weeks and is going back this thurs for about another week. needless to say this is the worst car i have ever owned

·
Registered
639 Posts
you said that to the wrong person. I have had my 07 HLL for a month and it has been in the shop for 2.5 weeks and is going back this thurs for about another week. needless to say this is the worst car i have ever owned
Wow - thats bad. I have the same 07 HHL with 20k mile son it - no problems so far. What problems are you having?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts