Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've got a question.
This is really pissign me off!

The window regulator on my camry is b0rked. I've gotta tape my window so it stays up. Needless to say, this morning the tape came off, and my window went down. It was a wet ride at lunch!

I'm assuming a window regulator from a 4 door camry wont work, since the window on a 2 door is much bigger. Right?

has anybody else had this happen to their camry? I think i might have trouble finding a 2 door camry in a junkyard.
I'm thinking of saying F*ck it and going to the toyota dealership and slapping down my visa.:(

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
ummm.....wouldn't it be best to open up the door for now and just unplug the regulator and lock it in place so at least your window won't go down...?

and I'm not sure about the difference between the coupe and the sedan regulators....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The regulator blew to peices. so the window always goes down. If i put it up, it just goes down nice and slowly.
I taped it to the track real good so it wouldnt go down. It works for a couple of days.....

I've been looking around, 2 door window regulators are different. it looks like i found on on ebay, but the guy is in AZ and i'm not sure if he'll ship to .ca

b0rked = broken. sorry i'm one of those computer geeks...

·
Registered
1 Posts
HOw do you know you only have a regulator problem?

Hey guys,

The FR power window on my 94 -2 door Camry LE is not working anymore. It was going up and down fine but then it started to slow down until it stopped altogether...thank god it stopped in the up position. Does this sound like a regulator problem? Any advise would be helpful...Thanks.

Yowsa

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ yes, yes it does......just buy a new one, drop it in its place, and there you go....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought a window regulator off ebay for 84.50 USD.

It looks pretty straightforward to install.
Hopefully i get it soon. It's getting damn cold outside. I dont want to install it in the snow!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts