Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I Like Traffic Lights !!!
78 Bronco
Joined
·
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I bought our little Echo sedan 2 months ago and we have put 12,000 km's on it.
Here is what I think of our purchase, It's great on fuel and the power it has is surprizing from a 1.5 ltr powerplant. The handling is better than expected and the room inside the still amazes us and our family and friends. Our only problem to date is that we keep getting locked in because of the drivers door lock but I'll have that fixed on our next trip to the Toyota dealer. Last month we took the little Echo over the Coquihalla hwy that heads over the mountains and down to the coast of British Columbia and it performed very well on the hills and they have very steep grades on that Hwy. When we purchased the car we also looked at a Corolla but after sitting in the Corolla and finding it didn't have the head room I needed and after we test drove a New Yaris we went for the Echo because it being a sedan.

So I guess what I'm saying is that we are growing very fond of our little Toyota and I'd strongly recommend anyone to get one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Wow! 12,000 kms in two months. That's a lot of driving! Have you changed your oil yet? Yes, the Coquihalla Highway is a very trying road, and obviously your Echo does not mind that extended hilly path. Since you say you often get locked in and have to get the dealer to fix the problem, may be I should suggest you may as well buy keyless entry at the same time. It is convenient.
 

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
Joined
·
8,986 Posts
I'm glad that things are looking up for you and your ECHO. Mine has held up as well, trouble free, of course its a Toyota! Yeah I agree, the gas milage is amazing, even when I push it hard the needle goes down barely, I always amazed at that. I love how its nibble, yes I know the suspension is "floaty" but tight turns or manuvering in and out of traffic is a plus! Happy motoring for many years!:whatwhat::clap:
 

·
TN Member
Prius
Joined
·
5,461 Posts
Congrats. That's a lotta mileage for 2 months. You really must've enjoyed it thaaaaaaaaat much :D

Here's to many years and kms on your Echo!
 

·
The USDM Noob
02 WRX wagon
Joined
·
5 Posts
So what were your impressions of the Yaris? I almost cracked and bought an Echo until I recently heard they'd be releasing the Yaris here. Unfortunately, we've still got to wait until this spring to get the 2007 models in the US. I've always wanted to create a Vitz.
 

·
I Like Traffic Lights !!!
78 Bronco
Joined
·
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sixTOO said:
So what were your impressions of the Yaris? I almost cracked and bought an Echo until I recently heard they'd be releasing the Yaris here. Unfortunately, we've still got to wait until this spring to get the 2007 models in the US. I've always wanted to create a Vitz.

The Yaris is the Echo with a few cosmetic changes and it drove fine except I felt it was little small being a hatch. They both share the same platform.
 

·
I Like Traffic Lights !!!
78 Bronco
Joined
·
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
swng said:
Wow! 12,000 kms in two months. That's a lot of driving! Have you changed your oil yet? Yes, the Coquihalla Highway is a very trying road, and obviously your Echo does not mind that extended hilly path. Since you say you often get locked in and have to get the dealer to fix the problem, may be I should suggest you may as well buy keyless entry at the same time. It is convenient.
Yah we will average around 72,000k's a year with it. A Person I know put 425,000 in 3 years and 10 months and she only changed her oil 3 times a year and only did other work when she had to. That was one of the reasons we bought the Echo. Oh and I'm on my third oil change and we have keyless entry but it's the lock that jams almost midway between locked and unlocked.
 

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
Joined
·
8,986 Posts
05_Echo said:
The Yaris is the Echo with a few cosmetic changes and it drove fine except I felt it was little small being a hatch. They both share the same platform.

I'm saying is in the least A-hole way, if possible, but the Yaris is a completely different car from the ECHO. Its the second generation Yaris, so the platform is not the same. Besides the ECHO is longer, yet the Yaris is wider by 3 inches I believe? Just a heads up. It really felt small in the Yaris? I thought it was just as spacious (reading other reviews) as the ECHO. I guess it depends on if you like hatches or sedans better and what meets your needs. Cheers!;)
 

·
I Like Traffic Lights !!!
78 Bronco
Joined
·
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ECHOKnight2000 said:
I'm saying is in the least A-hole way, if possible, but the Yaris is a completely different car from the ECHO. Its the second generation Yaris, so the platform is not the same. Besides the ECHO is longer, yet the Yaris is wider by 3 inches I believe? Just a heads up. It really felt small in the Yaris? I thought it was just as spacious (reading other reviews) as the ECHO. I guess it depends on if you like hatches or sedans better and what meets your needs. Cheers!;)
Both cars share the same Engine Transmission and everything else on the underside. Pop the hood on a Echo and then on a Yaris, there isn't much of a difference..
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top