Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 questions regarding Rav 4 Prime.......... ONE.. i tailgate a lot with my friends during football season..Probably not this season...Anyway.. Can the Prime or any plug in car be charged using a generator? TWO.. Im dumb about taxes.. How would a tax credit work? I dont itemize taxes just easy form.. Is this tax reduction taken off the price of the car or is it done at tax time when taxes are done? and If tax time, do i just get a refund ?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I look on Toyota site.. The Rav 4 Prime is there, both models.. Looks like the "cheaper" model is like a basic car..onboard charger is bigger on XSE (optional)... when i go to build it.. asks for zip code. i enter it. then it says Prime is limited in my area and wont build it for me.. I can go to KC or St Louis.. so I dont see what their problem is

·
Registered
RAV4 Prime XSE Premium, Venza Limited
30 Posts
For now, the Prime is limited to ZEV states.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK so yesterday I called my dealer.. He said it will be end of 2020 and possibly into 2021 before anywhere will get the Prime unless you live on either Coasts. He says they are having trouble keeping up making the battery.. Thats all he knew.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have 2 questions regarding Rav 4 Prime.......... ONE.. i tailgate a lot with my friends during football season..Probably not this season...Anyway.. Can the Prime or any plug in car be charged using a generator? TWO.. Im dumb about taxes.. How would a tax credit work? I dont itemize taxes just easy form.. Is this tax reduction taken off the price of the car or is it done at tax time when taxes are done? and If tax time, do i just get a refund ?
It would be better to let the gas engine do the charging in that situation.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4xse hybrid 2020 Highlander Pl
364 Posts
Re: TWO

I'm no tax expert so don't take this as still accurate but I do remember reading about it when the Volt first came out. There should be a Fed tax booklet on the matter describing details.

Deduction is taken at time of tax filing. On the Fed it should be a straight deduction up to the amount permitted directly off the tax owed. Many States offer a variable percentage deduction up to the Fed max deduction.

In all instances the deduction cannot exceed the tax owed for the year. If it does the deduction is limited to the tax owed and any balance over that is lost, i.e. a credit cannot be extended into the next tax year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts