1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
94 Toyota Camry V6
94 Toyota Camry v6
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys,

so 2 quick, possibly stupid questions, but need to know lol

1st how do i know if my car has ABS? i need to buy a new master brake cylinder but dont know if i have ABS or not. i turn the key on and all the light come on on my cluster but no ABS so i assume i dont have it

2nd will a gas tank off a gen 3 camry 4 cylinder fit on a gen 3 v6? my tank leaks a bit and someone is gonna give me a 4 cylinder tank to swap

thanks guys

·
Pabloso
96 camry
527 Posts
its simple just turn the key to accessory and the abs light will turn on and all the other lights too like engine light /oil etc. sorry cant help u with the tank issue.

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
slam on the brakes. if ya crash, ya dont have ABS:D.

as he said, or you can pop the hood and look or the control block behind the passenger side headlight. aliminum block with a bunch of tubes commin out. if ya have a V6 then i think ABS was standard. but i may be wrong.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
ABS wasn't standard on gen 3 v6, not even on XLE. check for the silver block with 4 black wires near by the windshield washer fluid.

Gas tank should be the same.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
As far as answering your question about the gas tank, go to any Toyota dealer's online parts site and look up the part number for the gas tank for both cars. If they are the same part number, you have your answer.

Mike

·
Stock? Blasphemy!
06 Rav4 v6
879 Posts
slam on the brakes. if ya crash, ya dont have ABS:D.

as he said, or you can pop the hood and look or the control block behind the passenger side headlight. aliminum block with a bunch of tubes commin out. if ya have a V6 then i think ABS was standard. but i may be wrong.
my 95 se v6 coupe didn't have abs. imho it's the only thing it lacked (aside from a stickshift) since it had leather, cruise, power everything, sunroof, spoiler, etc etc... even had the sorry factory cd player!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts