Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 87 camry 5-speed with 175,000 miles. 2.0 4cyl. i am wondering where the drain plug is on the bottom of the radiator and what all i need to do to get the coolant flushed and refilled myself. --------also, can someone tell me, if i have a new battery to put in this car, but i only know the amps on it and not the actual battery size , will this work in this car as long as the amps are at least the amount of the present battery? i was wondering if you have to have the exact battery model that it calls for or if you can put any battery in as long as the amps match up. thanks for the help everyone--

·
Registered
18 Posts
Radiator drain tube is in the middle of the radiator on the bottom. there should be a tube extending past the bottom of the plastic brush guard. I found it helpful to remove a couple of the screws holding the guard in place and move it out of the way to get easier access to the drain.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
The battery must fit properly in the space provided. It must not be too tall or it could contact the underside of the hood. It must also be able to be secured properly with the battery hold-down provided; too short and the hold down will not be able to secure it.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts