Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This month marks the 2 year aniversary of me getting my first car, my 1991 Toyota Camry DX. This also marks the 1 year aniversary of me registering for TN. A lot has changed, and i thought id like to share a little photo journal of the progression of my car.

This is what she looked like the day i brought her home. Tan and very plain. But she was cheap and ran well.

The Orignial BROWN interior. hated it from day one, but whatever. notice the horribly sun damaged dash.

The first "mods" i did was install a stereo. I got these sony 6x9's and a sony amp to drive 2 Rockford 12's

After a few months of saving, i had enough to get my car painted. heres what she looked like the day she came back from the shop.

The brown interior never really went well with the black paint, so i thought it would look good to paint the interior. I kinda liked it, but in reality it was pretty ricey

The guage cluster turned out nice, but it didnt last long as with the rest of the interior.

The next thing was a decent stereo. I ditched the sony 6x9's for some Kicker 6.5's and 6x9s. 2 Sony p5's now reside in a custom box in the trunk Also up'd the amps with a kicker 600.4 and a sony for the components.

I thought at one point it would be cool to have a flowmaster exhaust on my camry, but boy howdy was i wrong, way loud and stupid. changed it back a few months later.

Rims were the next thing to come, a nice shiny set of 2000 Celica GT rims were the ticket.

This past summer, i decided i really didnt like the black interior, so a trip to the junk yard was made, and i found a nice gray camry to stip the interior out of

here's the final result.

Thats pretty much it, here's the final shot of what my car looks like as of today.

Its been a lot of fun, ive learned a lot of stuff from you guys, my car knowlegde went from almost 0 to pretty knowlegeable considering ive had no actual traing. Sorry for the long post, but i wanted you guys to see this. Peace out for now ToyotaNation!

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Niiiiice. I say you guys go strip the interior out of ES 300's. I love mine LoL! A car so cheap with a wood interior? That and we(clublexus) know who made the wood for the car originally, so it's fairly easy to get more wood trim for nearly anything on the car LoL! For an exorbitant price!

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Its definatly been a long road, exactly a year ago last weekend was when i had to replace my transmission when it died. and also last weekend, she left me stranded for the FIRST time, distributer died and so did the igniter. Been a few times were i wish it would go away, but all and all, its been a good car.

as for the paint job, like everything else on this car, I got a mad discount on it having it done through my school. all I had to pay was for supplies, so the total was around $250 i think. The rims were also an amazing deal, $150 for all four with 80% of the rubber left.

The engine has developed a major oil leak, and the valve seals are shot, so thats the next thing to come, depending on my money situation, ill either get a JDM 3SFE, or I have access to a rebuilt head for cheap, so might do that.

Also, why did the thread get moved? I put it in general so more people could see it, its not specificlly camry stuff, its my car, that happens to be a camry.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah Steve dont have type of cash, could barely afford to get the distributer and ingiter fixed 3 days ago, much less the 5g's it take to get a GTE in there.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Well... Then we need to make an equation to show how often he can top off his oil to save up for the cost of the engine vs what point it woudn't be worth doing that. ;)

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
5'gs is a lot of oil.

I can get a rebuilt head for like $200, plus about $100 for gaskets and what not,

I can get a JDM 3SFE with a transmission for $400.

Im poor, there for cheapest solution is usually the best. And 3 bucks for a quart of oil every couple of weeks is a lot better right now than $400 at one time. Just had to spend $400 to get her back on the road after this weekends incedent.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I respect you for sticking with the car and turning it into somehting you like. Right now I'm hoping I don't give up on my Cam and stick it through and one day have a final result that I am 100% happy with.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
DUDE! NICE! :thumbup:

i really like the pic story thing, i know exactly how you feel... my car is totally different since i joined TN and my knowledge has led me to be a more respectable tuner (at least in my eyes :D )

Very nice looking gen2 btw

·
Working hard?
91 |4 camry
376 Posts
Thats Great! well done. the best gen 2 without a bodykit (even better than some with)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts