Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

before asking these 2 questions, i just want to let you guys know i do not have my owners manual with me for my 2002 toyota solara v6 3.0. i dont know much about this car because i just got it couple days ago. but my questions are:

1) would i be able to fit 20" wheels without any camber wear? is it even possible? if yes, what can i expect?

2) what is the bolt pattern size and offset for 2002 solara sle v6 (5lug)? im leaning towards an set of 20x8.5, would they fit? with what size tires?

im looking thru wheelmax.com and thinking about the adr sterling 20". the wheel & tire package they offer are:
20x8.5 255/35/20 OR 20x8.5 245/35/20
with a Bolt Pattern of: 5x114.3, 5x120
^would neither of these options work?

thanks,
Tommy

(ps, i dont care for opinions/comments so save yourself the time):)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks, appriceate the quick response:thumbup:

4x4 eh? hmm, i tried searching for pics to get a basic figure what it'd look like without a drop but the only 20's i can find on this board were the white 04 camry i believe with 20" spinners. i dont even know if that was dropped either :confused:

oh btw, when u say "fender rolled", does that mean sawing off the edges or just finishing it off using heat sources?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
would "245/30/20" AND/OR "225/35/20" rub if i got my rear fenders rolled? (without drop that is)

i cant seem to find 235/30/20.. must be a rare sizing? =\

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
if the wheel offset is right it wont rub with either, but good luck finding something thats +50mm or so ^^

without lowering your car, pretty much nothing will rub, untill your turn, or the car starts leaning.

im not even sure if you should be going with 20" wheels asking this many questions, if you got this much money to burn, spend some on making your ride go quicker/comfortable =)

its only me, but id really suggest looking for something that will fir better (less wheel width is uncommon at that size so getting them may cost more), not something thats cheap (too much stock of this size no one wants lets move them out).

245's will fit with correct offset/guard rolling.
225'should fit with either rolling or the correct wheel offset.

bump? jeez youre impatient.

·
Mighty Flying Family Sedn
Camry
510 Posts
would these measurements apply to the gen 5 camry as well?

·
Registered
2011 CAMRY 3.5 SE
335 Posts
Just get the 20's without asking questions and show us the pics. Or else, people will tell u things like how ur car will look like a 4x4, don't listen to that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
20"x8.5
offset: 35
225/35/20

factory OE: 205/60/16 if it matters

w/ rolling rear fenders.

will i encounter rubbing/problems without drop?

how much difference with 235/30/20 tires be exclude the calculating tire sizing. any benefits related with the rubbing issues and fitment?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts