Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Toyota Lover
1995 Toyota Corolla
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on my 1995 Toyota Corolla (7th Generation). It has 20 Valve black top and I installed a/c since they did my engine swap. Never had a problem before until last week I was driving on the freeway with a/c on then when I exit all of a sudden I smelled something from the airvent that I cannot describe then my engine just died on me. When I turned the ignition on and turn on the a/c switch...it wasn't working anymore and my engine won't start. Anyone familiar with this problem? I don't know where do I start. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!! :sosad:

Thanks in advance.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Without actually looking at the motor, we can't really help you dude.. you're better off taking it to someone who's a Toyota expert.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chances are imo itll be 1 of 2 things. Fuel or ignition. Check them both. Check to make sure all your wires are sparking, check to make sure the dizzy is getting power, check to make suer your fuel pump works, check to make sure your injectors are working and getting fuel pressure. get back to use with the results once youve check those.

·
Toyota Lover
1995 Toyota Corolla
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Generation 7 / Ae101

Chances are imo itll be 1 of 2 things. Fuel or ignition. Check them both. Check to make sure all your wires are sparking, check to make sure the dizzy is getting power, check to make suer your fuel pump works, check to make sure your injectors are working and getting fuel pressure. get back to use with the results once youve check those.

Got my AE101 running again...just did a little some some in there :clap: :thumbup: :whatwhat:

Thanks anyways.

More power to you guys!

·
Toyota Lover
1995 Toyota Corolla
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Soooo.. what was it??
Well, I had 3 problems. First it won't start, second the blower of a/c is not working and the third is the fan for the a/c is not working.

The first one, I have to check the fuse and relay one by one and I found out that one of the fuse and relay is messed up so I have to change it (the hard thing about electrical problem is you have to analyze everything). Second one, I have to check the connection of a/c blower from the switch all the way to the relay and I found out that the wire got burn (probably of the domino effect of the problem). Third one, I have to make a new connection on the fan for the a/c coz I can't figure it out :)

The main reason why it happened is because one of my wire for the a/c compressor was rubbing to the chassis of the car so there's a short circuit and messed up the whole thing. But everything is ok now :clap:

You guys like my avatar? :lol: :whatwhat:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts