Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory steel wheels with the chrome center cap but I've found a set of the factory alloys (same ones that came on Sequoia and Tacoma), except there are no lugs with them. Toyota tech. just told me the alloy wheels take a different lug nut that is more of a washer type. Must be true.
Confirm ?

·
Registered
1996 T100 RegCab 2WD
385 Posts
The stock "steelies" on my T100 had the acorn type lug nuts and when I put on the alloys I had to pick up a set of new lugs for them. The alloy lug nuts have a collar on them. I think it's because the steel wheels are "hub centric" and the alloys are "lug centric"? I may be incorrect with my assumption, but yea, you'll need the lugs with the collar. I think I paid like 6 bucks and change each from the dealer and that was almost 10 years ago. Nothing like having to come up with another $125 bucks after I had just paid for the new (to me) rims.:facepalm: Don't know what the stealership wants for them these days.
You'll like the look of the alloys on your truck though. Nice upgrade:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2013 Tacoma
13 Posts
I have the factory steel wheels with the chrome center cap but I've found a set of the factory alloys (same ones that came on Sequoia and Tacoma), except there are no lugs with them. Toyota tech. just told me the alloy wheels take a different lug nut that is more of a washer type. Must be true.
Confirm ?
Correct. Part # is 90942-01058

They're pretty expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts