Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I recently was given a 2000 Avalon. The previous owner said the motor was driven without oil and is blown and will need a new motor. Will any second generation motors work or will I have to find one that is a 2000? Will I run into any problems with the wiring if it is not a 2000? Also will any 1MZ-FE motor work say out of a camry? Also reading about the sludge problem in these motors is there any range of engine numbers that had this problem or is it a hit and miss kind of thing? Thanks for any help.

Chris

·
Registered
2000 Toyota Avalon
266 Posts
Hello everyone,

I recently was given a 2000 Avalon. The previous owner said the motor was driven without oil and is blown and will need a new motor. Will any second generation motors work or will I have to find one that is a 2000? Will I run into any problems with the wiring if it is not a 2000? Also will any 1MZ-FE motor work say out of a camry? Also reading about the sludge problem in these motors is there any range of engine numbers that had this problem or is it a hit and miss kind of thing? Thanks for any help.

Chris

Im not an expert on replacing engine but I say im 99% sure you can replace it with other avalon in same year range.

About the sludge, I have a 2000 avalon also, with 125K mileages. and change oil at toyota dealership since 110K (every 5K). and the engine is still running strong. As long as you keep changing your oil every 5K then you should be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts