Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2000 Avalon XLS and apparently the factory amp on the stock stereo has gone out because only two front dash speakers are working, am assuming it’s all it can push.I got myself a new stereo and a special order wiring harness, however the wiring harness only hooks up the ground, the ignition and the battery wiring plus some RCA cables. I have no idea where the speaker wires even are at this point. Judging from other wiring guides color coding- the speaker wires look to be on a harness going into the climate control as ignorant as that sounds . Is this correct? Or does anyone have an actual location and real 2000 Avalon speaker wire color coding? Thanks. Ive looked around the web, I watch YouTube videos- very VERY unhelpful information out there. This is also a used car for me, haven’t had it long but, I’m also assuming it has the premium sound package by the jbl logos all over. I’ve always done my own wiring and this car just boggles my mind.

·
Registered
2000 Avalon
61 Posts
I bought my stereo head unit from Crutchfield, I had the option of keeping the jbl amp and the wiring kit came with the necessary connectors and it did utilize rca plugs for the low level outputs to run the amp. I also could have bypassed the amp with a different harness, when used it bypasses the jbl amp under the front passenger seat. Depending whether you’re going to bypass the jbl amp or continue using the amp will dictate which harness you will use. Crutchfield has pretty good descriptions and instructions with the kits they send.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts