Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed spark plugs, which you have to remover the intake manifold to get to. In the process I have broken a plastic fitting. A hose come out of the back of the intake manifold and runs down to the engine and connects to a plastic fitting forms an elown and runs into the engine. I have searched every diagram been to several parts stores nothing can tell what that plastic fitting is so I can get a new one. Anyone have any idea to help?
Capture+_2019-09-15-11-22-42.png

·
short-throw dipstick
5,916 Posts
You may have to do some surgery to get broken bits out of the valve cover, if they slip farther in you'll have to pull the VC.

The grommet will be hard most likely, and will also break off in several pieces.

For the valve, use OE OR JAPANESE AFTERMARKET ONLY. Chinese PCV valves will not work as they should.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright so I got the pvc valve replaced spark plugs and wired replaced, everything put back together. Now the engine is only firing on the front 3 cylinders. The back ones, 1, 3, and 5 are not firing. I have pulled everything back off replaced the spark plugs and wires again incase they were bad but still is only firing on the front cylinders. Does anyone know why this is and how to go about fixing it?

·
short-throw dipstick
5,916 Posts
Most likely mixed up wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts