Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find the part numbers for the breather hose and everything else., just not the valve that screws into the valve cover.

Theres a lot out there, but it seems like the wild west. Any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the hole in the valve cover is just a hole. No threads. I never personally saw this hose installed, so, i'm not sure how it was originally connected to the valve cover. The image I posted was just want I found on the net. Not my vehicle.

That being said, anyone with a 2000 camry aware of how it goes in there? Does the hose just slip in?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

You can see the part sticking out the valve cover there..... part numbers for everything BUT the part

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You can see the part sticking out the valve cover there..... part numbers for everything BUT the part
and again, direct from toyota

part #s stop at the clamp

·
Registered
43 Posts
It looks like I was composing the below when you posted the previous post. Sorry, maybe I don't know which part you are looking for. Try ENGINE > ENGINE COMPONENTS > CYLINDER HEAD?
By the way, the tube in the yellow circle is part of the valve cover (as in not separate part -- cheaper to pull another valve cover from the junk yard).

How to replace a valve cover gasket for a 97-01 Toyota Camry (he also changed the PCV)

Valve Cover Gasket & PCV Valve Replacement - Toyota Camry 4 cyl

I went to https://parts.stevinsontoyotawest.com/, entered my VIN, ENGINE > ENGINE COMPONENTS > VENTILATION HOSE.
Then "View More Images".

The parts for the PCV and grommet are the same in each image.

You can also try https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/, under Engine/Fuel/Tool > Ventilation Hose.

What I don't understand is why the hose (12261 vs 12262) is swapped between the first image and the rest.
There are also two choices for 12261.
Anyone knows the difference?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah im not seeing the part # for it. But they do include the part in the diagram(s) lol

The elusive part shows itself again in another one

Attachments

·
イリジウム
11,840 Posts
Isn’t that just a fresh air inlet and just a press-fit tube? So I don’t think it’s replaceable.

If the valve cover is missing it then find another one at the junkyard, plenty of those.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It looks like I was composing the below when you posted the previous post. Sorry, maybe I don't know which part you are looking for. Try ENGINE > ENGINE COMPONENTS > CYLINDER HEAD?
By the way, the tube in the yellow circle is part of the valve cover (as in not separate part -- cheaper to pull another valve cover from the junk yard).

How to replace a valve cover gasket for a 97-01 Toyota Camry (he also changed the PCV)

Valve Cover Gasket & PCV Valve Replacement - Toyota Camry 4 cyl

I went to https://parts.stevinsontoyotawest.com/, entered my VIN, ENGINE > ENGINE COMPONENTS > VENTILATION HOSE.
Then "View More Images".

The parts for the PCV and grommet are the same in each image.

You can also try https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/, under Engine/Fuel/Tool > Ventilation Hose.

What I don't understand is why the hose (12261 vs 12262) is swapped between the first image and the rest.
There are also two choices for 12261.
Anyone knows the difference?
yeah I'm also thinking it's only with the valve cover....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isn’t that just a fresh air inlet and just a press-fit tube? So I don’t think it’s replaceable.

If the valve cover is missing it then find another one at the junkyard, plenty of those.
Yeah, now that I'm almost certain it only comes with the valve cover, I'm curious how it was removed.

From all the videos I've seen, it looks like it's internally mounted inside the valve cover and can't be seen even with the valve cover off.

Or it "snaps" in....but seems too solid for that.

Honestly at this point, I'm just curious if it has any function (as a valve for example) or if it's just literally a straight through port to mount the hose

If so I'll just rig something up from the outside so that a hose can be connected and air will move properly

·
イリジウム
11,840 Posts
It’s just a straight hole to allow fresh air in. So if you have a correct tap you can tap a hose barb fitting on there.

Pressed in interference fit would be my guess of the original.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It’s just a straight hole to allow fresh air in. So if you have a correct tap you can tap a hose barb fitting on there.

Pressed in interference fit would be my guess of the original.
Yeah you're probably right. Dug around and found an old 4" long pipe for God knows what. It has threaded ends and is the perfect diameter. I did a tap and all is well. I'll just now mount a hose over it and run it to the intake.

Problem solved! Thanks for the help!

·
Various Toyotas
4,210 Posts
Dug around and found an old 4" long pipe for God knows what. It has threaded ends and is the perfect diameter. I did a tap and all is well. I'll just now mount a hose over it and run it to the intake.
Problem solved!
Can you post a photo of what you did?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the breather hose connection just goes into air intake with no filter/special setup?

Can clearly see the connection port in this image (right side)

Reason I ask is there is some blowby and wasn't sure if Toyota had a method in place to keep it out of the air intake
Just install a catch can, and all will be well. Here is one for $10

1 - 18 of 18 Posts