Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, before I posted this thread, I did a couple searches to see if this was brought up before and it hasn't so..

Ok, currently I have a 2000 Camry CE (4cyl.) and I'm wanting to replace the headlamp. I unscrewed the screws, but it seems that it won't come out unless you take out the corner light (the part that contains the turn-signal bulb). I don't have the owner's manual either, so I can't look it up there.

So, I was hoping you guys could help me out here. Thanks, your answers would be greatly appreciated. If you need a picture, i'll try to have one up soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yea, you'll have to take out the corner lights. To do that, you need to get a flat head screw driver and pop up the little plastic screw on top. After that, look for a little clip between the headlight and the corner light. You should be able to pull out the corner light after unclipping it. Last step would be to, pull the wire harness out.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, before I posted this thread, I did a couple searches to see if this was brought up before and it hasn't so..

Ok, currently I have a 2000 Camry CE (4cyl.) and I'm wanting to replace the headlamp. I unscrewed the screws, but it seems that it won't come out unless you take out the corner light (the part that contains the turn-signal bulb). I don't have the owner's manual either, so I can't look it up there.

So, I was hoping you guys could help me out here. Thanks, your answers would be greatly appreciated. If you need a picture, i'll try to have one up soon.
Okay just to complete this headlamp replacement thread just see the guide for that. It's more detailed guide. I know this thread is old but the next time someone saw this old thread he can learn something essential. No need to prolong this thread anymore.

·
抵抗しても無駄だ
2002 Solara SLE V6
9,091 Posts
ummmmm, zacknolden, that thread you linked is a guide on replacing a headlamp bulbs ... and the discussion was about replacing the headlamp itself.

·
D.I.Y.'er since 2004
2000 Camry LE
227 Posts
I'd like to add that the clip at holds the corner light to the headlight can be very tight.
The first time I had to take off my driver side corner light, it was rather difficult to push that clip out to separate the corner light form the headlight. So be really careful not to exert too much force or you might break something. I ended up cracking the loop on the headlight that received the clip because I put too much force into it.
The passenger corner light clip pushed out a lot easier though.
And once the corner light is removed, there's a third bolt mounting bolt on the side.

Just a heads up, it might not be as easy as it seems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just completed this on my '97. The trickiest part is removing the side lights first. The sidelight has a pushpin on the top that you remove. It also has a tab that fits on one side that slides under the fender, and a tab on the other side that pushes into the headlight assembly.

For me to get the side light out, I first pulled out the pushpin. Then I was able to slide out the tab that fits under the front fender (by sliding the sidelight towards the front grill. Then I used a screw driver (working from the front of the car, not the top) to help release the tab that fits into the headlight assembly.

Thanks to the poster(s) above for their tips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts