Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2008 Camry LE
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Took care of my oil leak and timing belt today. Oil pump seals fixed it. Also installed a new timing belt while I was in there. Took off the front of the oil pump and cleaned it up real nice in the parts washer too. It looked remarkably clean with minimal wear for the amount of miles on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
Looking good so far! :)

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2008 Camry LE
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
fixed the p0401 code today by replacing EGR VSV and modulator, drove the car for a few miles to insure the MIL stayed off, and all went well. Took about a week to get it sorted, around 4 hours of my time spent in repairs, and the listing is live! will keep you all up to date as far as what the car sells for!

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2008 Camry LE
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sold the car today. Person came with cash in hand so I took 1800 for it. Made a quick 800 bucks on it. On to my next one

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2008 Camry LE
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How much would you say you put in labor cost?
Total wrench time was probably around 3-4 hours for everything. But the timing belt and oil pump seals alone would’ve cost someone 6-700 if they had brought the car to a shop

·
Registered
271 Posts
That's pretty good still.

Have you thought about getting a cheap non running Camry for parts?

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2008 Camry LE
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, got another one. Paid 1500 for this gem, 2001 Camry LE 4 cylinder. Same oil pump leak as the last one, but it’s only got 130k on the clock. New radiator. New brakes and tires. And new exhaust from the header back. Ordered a new timing belt and the same oil pump seal kit I got on the last one. Water pump was done at 96k so I’m not going to worry about changing it. Hoping to get between 2500-2800 for this one

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2008 Camry LE
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Today’s day 1 of prepping the 01 for sale. Started with the trans. Used our BG flush machine again. The machine holds around 15 quarts of trans fluid, and gets hooked in line with one of the cooler lines, and flushes the old fluid out. There’s a pressure vessel with a diaphragm, and as old fluid is pushed out, new is pushed in. Here are some photos on how it’s hooked up, and before and after shots of the fluid threw the sight glass

21 - 29 of 29 Posts