Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Camry (V4). Recently, the rear right window stopped going up. After trying many times it moved up by an inch. It comes down easily but goes up only an inch at a time. If I try after 10 minutes it goes up by another inch.

Does anyone have any idea if it is a bad motor or the bad regulator? Switch seems to be O.K. since with both driver and passenger side switches I am observing the same behavior.

I am planning to purchase the required parts to fix it, but looking for detailed instructions to do it.

I will appreciate if any one can provide me help with this.

Thanks

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
try a loose or broken wire in between the doors..when u open the doors there should be a rubber boot....try to take that off or cut it and look for a broken wire

·
165 Posts
So it can still go down at full speed? If so, I'm not sure. When my window could only go up and down an inch, I had to replace the motor/regulator since I bought it whole.

·
Registered
Toyota Camry LE 1996
47 Posts
I have this exact problem on my 96 camry. the driver side window goes down with no prob, but if i press automatic down or bring it down alot at a time, it only goes up incrementally, inch by inch.

·
'93 LE Wagon V6 '94 LE I4
'93 V6 wagon, '94 I4
1,024 Posts
I'd pull the door panel and check the window for binding. If it's not that, then the internal magnetic reed switch that kills the power to the motor when it stops moving has failed. You could try to pull the motor apart and clean it. I've yet to do that successfully, but you may have better luck.
FWIW
YMMV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts