Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I've recently installed a new head unit and reversing camera with no issues.

Everything is hooked up apart from the head unit reverse wire which automatically switches the display over.

I know it's located in the driver side kick panel but not sure exactly where. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've got a 2000 Camry CSI.

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
I did some looking around and couldn't find much info on that wire. www.the12volt.com or bulldogalarms web site has factory wiring diagrams but nothing for the reverse wire. you may have to get to the back of the reverse bulb in the tail light and see what color the wire/s are and find same under dash. good luck

·
Registered
2016 Rav4
5,757 Posts
my camera came with a 20 foot video cable that had a small red wire inside the jacket also that goes to the backup light socket in the trunk and then connects to the 'reverse' wire in the monitor wiring harness. you can find the cables for about 6 bucks on fleabay.
tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my camera came with a 20 foot video cable that had a small red wire inside the jacket also that goes to the backup light socket in the trunk and then connects to the 'reverse' wire in the monitor wiring harness. you can find the cables for about 6 bucks on fleabay.
tony
Hi Tony

Thanks for the info. Not exactly sure what you mean. Any chance you could link me to something.

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Rav4
5,757 Posts
search "Reverse Rear View Parking CAMERA VIDEO CABLE WITH DETECTION Wire" on ebay.
the red wire goes to the backup light on one end and on the other to the reverse wire on the pinout of the receiver.
tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts