Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here guys. I have a 2000 camry xle v6. My struts were finished and I had them all replaced with napa quick struts. The upper mounts were failing. Suspension is much better but I now have a strange creaking noise when turning the car at low speeds. Took it back the shop, was told the upper mount was defective on the new unit. Got a new one under warranty and had it replaced today. The noise is still there but takes a few minutes of driving to show itself. I can actually feel it in the strut with the hood up and dry steering. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm going crazy over here!

·
Administrator
14,388 Posts
I moved your thread to the 3rd/4th gen Camry forum where you'll get more responses. The Camry lounge traffic is pretty thin.

If it creaks while turning, I'd suspect something is amiss with the bearings. They're in there to allow the bottom part of the strut to rotate freely while turning. They might just be low on grease or even dry.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm new here guys. I have a 2000 camry xle v6. My struts were finished and I had them all replaced with napa quick struts. The upper mounts were failing. Suspension is much better but I now have a strange creaking noise when turning the car at low speeds. Took it back the shop, was told the upper mount was defective on the new unit. Got a new one under warranty and had it replaced today. The noise is still there but takes a few minutes of driving to show itself. I can actually feel it in the strut with the hood up and dry steering. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm going crazy over here!

Did you use Gabriel Ready Struts? I have had the same issue with mine on the Avalon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.