Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving today, and plugged in my cell phone car charger into the cigarette lighter. It suddenly stopped charging, then neither the cigarette lighter or auxiliary power port worked, the clock shut off, and the power mirrors wouldn't work. The rest of the dash (radio, AC, etc) still works fine. I'm pretty sure it's a fuse problem, but I was wondering how easy it is to replace a fuse on my own. It can't be that hard right?

I've read on this forum that I need to pull out the coin tray on the left side of the dash to get at the fuse box. Then it's just a matter of going and buying the right fuse and replacing it, right?

Thanks for any help.

·
slpr1mz FTW :-)
a family car
309 Posts
under you hood, there should be spare fuses, and a tool a little clamp type tool that makes pulling fuses out a bit easier. on the back of the coin try there will be a diagram of sorts to help you find what fuse is what... not to hard to figure out. but yea... i think its a 15amp fuse that powers the cig port. my auxilury is still being dumb, but i think i blew a different fuse... and it is possible to place a 25 amp fuse in the 15 amp port. good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts