Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone notice on the 2000 and up celica gts's when moving off in first gear you have to rev the car above 2000 rpm to make the car not start to stutter.. i was just wondering b/c my cousin just got one and i took it for a test drive and it feels liek that.. celicas clutch feels totally different from my mr2.. just wondering if that was normal..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought one and have the same problem. The clutch is really tight and not quite sure something isnt wrong. Gonna take it to the local garage just to make sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Took it to the garage, someone I know pretty well, and they said I need a new clutch. Now mine is starting to grind while I am shifting into 3rd and downshift and shifting into 4th. The clutch felt strange to begin with. Not sure if its the same issue as you are having but I was quoted around $600 for the replacement. Although the dealership I bought this from 2 weeks ago is paying for it, not me.

·
Registered
96 Toyota Celica
25 Posts
This means the clutch is going. If it's grinding also is a sign. Take the car on the interstate and do 70 mph in 4th gear. Then floor it and carefully watch the rpm's. If the RPM's go up rapidly without the car going faster and then slowly die down to normal rpm's then you need a new clutch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts