Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help!!!!!

engine has no power and barely idles. once it goes to closed loop, idle smooths out and gains a little better repsonse.

200,ooo miles
static compression 185-190psi
leakdown less than 7% all cylinders
verified timing marks on gears / dampner
verified visually spark on all coils / plugs
new fuel pump , injectors, plugs, swapped out ecu

motor is using oil, dropped exhaust to make sure no back pressure on motor

manifold vacuum is 5-6" in open loop, when motor goes to closed loop manifold vacuum increases to 22"

diagnostic monitor shows stft bank 1 sensor 2 in 99.2 % all the time... is this normal? where is this sensor... is it reading the second o2 sensor.

the o2 sensors, maf, tps all appear to be normal. the ltft is compensating at 25%

I am out of ideas... please help... thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
clean out your maf sensor with a cutip and spay with carb cleaner, make sure you clean the tiny pin inside

·
Registered
1 Posts
clean out your maf sensor with a cutip and spay with carb cleaner, make sure you clean the tiny pin inside

DONT USE A Q-TIP OR CARB CLEANER! i had the same problem with my tundra and toyota told me NOT TO TOUCH IT! its a very sensitive peice. also an auto parts supply store should carry MAF cleaner. i have some and it works great. and bank1 sensor2 is the o2 sensor after the cat on most 4cyl cars.(4cyl cars only have 1 bank of cylinders except for i.e. subaru). but an o2 sensor shouldnt effect idle so much as making your car run rich/lean. a bad MAF will make ur car run rough or not run at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts