Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following disconnecting the battery on my Australian 2000 v6 Gen IV Camry Csi to install some fog lights I was greeted with 'sec' on the radio.

Unfortunately for me the previous owners had neglected to include the radio code with the manuals.

A call to a local Toyota dealer offered to "reset" it for $30AUS - no thanks.

A call to the service area of the Toyota Dealer the car was originally bought from (interstate) ensued. I was on the phone not 5 minutes before he told me they set all default 3 digit radio codes to the first 3 digits of the dealer code (which I DID have recorded).

Guess what - it worked ! Radio working again !

I assume US dealer codes are more digits (ie more dealers)but this might be a hint for anyone in my situation seeking their missing radio code.

Not sure if this is standard practice for all dealerships and is of no use if a previous owner has changed the code.

Apols if this litttle hint is already sprayed across the net as I was unable to find any sites that didn't want to just sell the code to me.

BTW - also installed a second hand towbar recently too. Very easy with a drill and few longer bolts. Would suggest to anyone considering saving themselves some labour costs to go for it !

+ whilst doing the towbar I attached a cheap chrome exhaust extension and was surprsied to hear a much sportier note on the test drive ! Talka about a cheap exhaust mod.

Figured out I had chopped the exhaust and set the tip back so it resonated before fully reaching the rear bumper. Not sure if I like it yet but if you like hearing if your Camry is running or not and a bit more sound under revs...go for it :)

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
i don't know if this works or not, but i recall someone went to the parts dept and shows the proof on ownership for a specific vin, the dealer gladly coughed out the code then...I think thats what we do here...

·
97 BlackWidowed
camry
626 Posts
yes you just have to bring the title of the car witch will be in your name... and the vin on top of the radio, no problem he will pull it right up in the computer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine was all over the phone with no proof of ID at all :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts