Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Tacoma with 2.4 l engine. It has low power in the lower rpm range (under 2000 rpm) and terrible gas mileage. I've change the plugs and timing chain with no improvement. I've also checked the fuel filter and catalytic converter and both are fine. I have noticed black soot in the tail pipe. Any ideas of what could be causing the problem?:confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
try going to the local Advance Auto Parts or Napa and buy a can of seafoam and run half of it through the tank and the other half pull a vacuum line off that goes into the intake and let it run into the ray fuel you will notice a lot of black crap comming out of the tail pipe. that at least what u should see. try that and see if that helps your truck out at all.. just make sure to run the truck up to about 1500 to keep it running. sounds like a lot of carbon buildup on top of pistons. try it out and let me know if it elped you out at all

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sea Foam is the BEST!!

Thanks yoder-bug, I just finished the Sea Foam treatment and the truck runs like new. I also put some in the crankcase and gas tank just for good measure. I'll be sure and tell my friends about this stuff. I wish had tried it before spending $540 for a timing chain. Well I guess the old saying about hindsight is 20/20 is true. Thanks again for your help.

Tracy Boggs
bamatoyoguy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts