Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get some information on suspension fixes. My 2000 Avalon (109,000 miles) is shaking at freeway speeds. I have had the front and rear end aligned, rotated tires and had them balanced and filled with Nitrogen. Car drives fine until I reach 60 to 65 miles an hour then the steering wheel shakes rather violently. Shaking lessens as speed increases and there are several "sweet spots" about 73 mph and 78 mph where vibration is acceptable. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and how to correct it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
'00 XLS, '05 XLS
372 Posts
i've seen many times where you can balance the tires and still end up with a bad shake. have the front tires inspected carefully, there is an out or round or some other prob with a tire. it may still balance perfectly, but the flaw will cause the shake.

·
Registered
21 Posts
bushings or cv boots.. check for cracks/leaks..

have ur car on a flat surface. measure the ground clearance in the front left and right.
if the difference is more than .25" or so, u have a problem

·
'07 Avalon Limited
'07 Avalon Ltd
1,093 Posts
Ask to have your tires "Road Force" balanced as well as checked for out-of-round. My money'd be on that fixing (or at least identifying) the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts