Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get some information on suspension fixes. My 2000 Avalon (109,000 miles) is shaking at freeway speeds. I have had the front and rear end aligned, rotated tires and had them balanced and filled with Nitrogen. Car drives fine until I reach 60 to 65 miles an hour then the steering wheel shakes rather violently. Shaking lessens as speed increases and there are several "sweet spots" about 73 mph and 78 mph where vibration is acceptable. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and how to correct it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have your tires balanced again. If that doesn't fix it then you have a bent rim or your tire is out of round.

I had new front tires put on my Sienna and experienced what you describe. Had the front tires rebalance two more times at Sears with little improvment. I finally made them replace the tires since I noticed a lot of extra weights. Problem solved.

Six month later I rotated the tires and bought two more front tires. Again Sears messed up the balance. Had to go back for a rebalance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem Solved

Thanks for the advice. I did take the car back and had them rebalance the tires. The staff at Brunswick tire was fantastic. Took my car in the minute I described the problem. Road tested immediately. Removed all four wheels, broke them from the rims and rotated all 1/4 a turn on the rims. Reinflated and rebalanced. Did a roadforce balance and did another road test. Smooth as glass now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts