Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took it to my local mechanic and he couldnt find any reason for it not working and suggested taking it to Toyota them selves, but they cannot see it until Tuesday! In this weather (Burlington, Ontario) heating is a must! What could be wrong with it?

It started while I was driving on the highway from Burlington to Toronto on Saturday night the heating was working for like 30 mins and then just cut off. I jiggled around with the controls nothing, blowing ice old, the rest of the evening was freezing.

Took it to the mechanic the other day and he loooked at the coolant, said there's no blockage and suggested there may be something to do with the electrical system. Any clue at alll????

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
does the heater knob feel like its still working right?

If you're car isnt overheating then your thermostat should still be ok meaning there shouldnt be blockage of coolant flow. Perhaps the heater core hose came loose. I dont know where that is tho.

·
Registered
10 Posts
bullycanadian... follow the advice of shaggnasty

this is very common problem. the part very expensive but the link shaggnasty gives you will show you how to fix it yourself

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
If possible find the two heater hoses inside the engine compartment going into the passenger compartment. With engine on turn heat on and feel both hoses, if coolant is circulating both should be hot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts