Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2000 Avalon it has 159,000 miles. Car runs good when you first drive it then after it warms up it Runs rough misfires when you put it to the floor it doesn’t want to pick up like it should. I’ve cleaned MAF sensor sprayed maf cleaner through it. Checked for vacuum leak and none of this has helped. Could it be out of time? When car is parked it seems to run fine and not be missing once you get it over 3000 rpms.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The VVT solenoids make all the difference when downshifting, like to pass another car. See my struggle. Its posted under my user name or VVT.
Also replacing the throttle position sensor made a big difference too. Its easy to replace and not expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot. I’m going to pull a part tomorrow so I’ll be getting A TPS a long with quite a few other parts.

·
Registered
2000 Avalon
119 Posts
Thanks a lot. I’m going to pull a part tomorrow so I’ll be getting A TPS a long with quite a few other parts.
I go the one here in Louisville off National Turnpike. Get the VIP card (it's free). Only a buck to get in and you don't need a receipt for an exchange if the part you bought is bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts