Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify this part on my 2001 Camry LE 4 cylinder? (inside the red circle) I went to AutoZone over the weekend and their salesman couldn’t identify it either (with photos on my cell phone and actually going out to the parking lot and looking at it).

It’s a hose that appears to be connected to a box (it seems like it [the hose and box] are all one part). The hose has a hole about the width of my thumb and several inches long. Is it important that I replace or fix it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
7,225 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,308 Posts
If memory serves, that hose connects to a resonator box. It’s to quiet the intake noise. If it’s leaking, it’ll let unfiltered air into the engine. So yeah, it’s kinda important to fix it. And it’s a dealer-only part.

·
short-throw dipstick
6,032 Posts
In a pinch, you can delete the resonator and cap off the hole in the air intake snorkel. Before I replaced the resonator on mine ($38 from a dealer discount site for my '00 5S-FE), I had it capped off and noticed no change after installing a new resonator. But then again, I am kind of losing my hearing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts