Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am just curious about something after 5 years driving the car. I have a 2001 Camry XLE V6, I remember it is supposed to come with JBL stereo system (as stated in the brochure), I have JBL labels on the speakers but not on the head unit (single CD + cassette unit), nevertheless, I thought the headunit is supposed to be of JBL as well. My cd player stopped working 2 weeks ago and I bought a 6cd changer Toyota JBL headunit throught eBay (the one you can find in a 2001 Camry with premium package in US, and this headunit actually has JBL label). After installed it, it actually sounds much better than my old unit. So here is my question, does the Canadian version of 2001 Toyota Camry XLE V6 actually come with a real "JBL" audio package? if it does, where can I find the JBL amplifier that seems to come with the US version Camry with premium package? and Does anyone out there actually have a singld CD + cassette "JBL" headunit (do you see the label on the headunit?) in their gen4-4.5 camry?

·
Registered
811 Posts
look under the passengers seat or behind the glove box i dont remember exactly but yeah try those 2 places, if whould be a silver amplifier, and it will say JBL on it if im not mistaken

·
chrisketches
12 Posts
The amplifier to my 2001 avalon was underneath the passenger seat. From what I've read over the course of installing a new head unit, being that there isn't much information on the Avalon system, the Camry's amp is behind the glove compartment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts