Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6 XLE
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

I got a friend who is looking to change his stock stereo to an aftermarket stereo.

I was wondering if anyone has a good website to order the console(?) to hold a single din stereo since the original stereo is bigger than those regular stereos on sale at the stores.

Also a wire harness, where can i buy that? ... I am hoping to buy it cheap so I can install myself.

last question, does anyone has a Do it yourself type instruction to take out and install a new stereo?

thanks,
Chris

·
JNEG
83 Posts
Aftermarket Radio

I have found that Crutchfield.com is the beat place for aftermarket radios. They have all the bits and pieces that you need, along with great support (even though you probably won't need it as the supplied instructions are usually enough). BTW, I have a slightly used stereo I could sell if your budget is low. I had it in my 2000 Echo, but decided I wanted a more powerful unit. Let me know, and I'll forward you more details if you're interested (I'll even ship it free!). This is the JVC unit I have for sale:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_257KDG420/JVC-KD-G420.html?search=kdg420&tp=5684

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6 XLE
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found that Crutchfield.com is the beat place for aftermarket radios. They have all the bits and pieces that you need, along with great support (even though you probably won't need it as the supplied instructions are usually enough). BTW, I have a slightly used stereo I could sell if your budget is low. I had it in my 2000 Echo, but decided I wanted a more powerful unit. Let me know, and I'll forward you more details if you're interested (I'll even ship it free!). This is the JVC unit I have for sale:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_257KDG420/JVC-KD-G420.html?search=kdg420&tp=5684

hey, my friend he already found a stereo that he likes (he's looking for one with a usb).

He was just looking for instruction on how to do it and where would be the best place to buy a wire harness and that plastic surrounding that supports the smaller radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts