Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
Looking for instructions on how to remove the inner front door panels on a 01 Sienna XLE. Need to replace the stereo speakers. Also, looking for suggestions on speakers to replace the current JBL system OEM set. Both left and right door speakers are buzzing.

·
30 yrs of Car Photography
90 Camry DX 2.0L A/T
536 Posts
I haven't found a door panel yet that wouldn't come off. Try one of these:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did this the other day, bought some new speakers to replace the stock ones. Im having alot more trouble trying to replace the rear speakers, are they glued in? i unscrewed the screws and they still won't come out.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The door panels aren't all that complicated. They are like most, there is a hidden screw in the middle somewhere and the door handle bezel is tricky. I'm sorry I don't remember more I replaced a door handle not very long ago but I don't remember exactly what the door is like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is kinda related, but what are the speaker sizes front and rear. They look like 5.25 rounds in front and 6.5 rounds in the back but I'm just guessing from what I can see through the grills.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Got to the Crutchfield website.
Enter your vehicle information and then select "OEM JBL System"
They will list what speakers fit.
I noticed that they have some awesome Polk Audio speaker "systems".....buy 1 set, get a 2nd set 1/2 price.......so you could change the ones in the front doors AND the rear.

I plan to add a subwoofer.......a smallish one under one of the middle seats.
Then I can tune the bass down on the factory speakers......boost mid and high tones on the factory speakers and have the sub do the low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts