Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's always an embarrassing situation EVERYTIME I refuel my car at the gas station because the car will not start immediately until about 3rd -4th attempt.

Please what could be the cause of this?

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
12,968 Posts
View attachment 292841 It's always an embarrassing situation EVERYTIME I refuel my car at the gas station because the car will not start immediately until about 3rd -4th attempt.

Please what could be the cause of this?
Very Nice ride! Have you scanned it for codes? Sounds like an old fashioned vapor-lock from the heat rising in the engine bay while your fueling up. Possible fuel pump not holding pressure. Most issues would turn on the CEL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks i will try that.

="Mgeorge, post: 14200883, member: 1009098"]
have you tried turning the key to the run position once or twice to run the fuel pump before you start it?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
If that works, then sdspeed is right and you are losing the prime on your fuel pump or getting air in the system somehow. strange that it only happens when you get fuel though...

·
Registered
184 Posts
What year is your HL/Kluger? And where are you located? I've not seen the lights on the side-view mirrors in the US.
Nice RAV4 (?) wheel upgrade, too.

To your question. What Check Engine or Malfunction indicator lamp codes do you have? If you HAD a code, please recheck it to see if there any NEW codes showing.

I had this issue on a Subaru of about the same vintage and it was the Purge Valve control solenoid . I'd bet yours is similarly related to an Emissions control device.

Good luck,
TD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts