Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 toyota leaf spring is severly bent, I have replacement springs. I was wondering where I should support my truck? If I should get new bolts and just cut off the old ones, and what size bolts are they? Pretty much any info that can help would be great. Thanks

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
Jack the truck up and support the frame on jack stands. Get new bolts. The nuts on the drive shaft flange are self locking and are a must replace item. The u-bolts take so much loading during driving that the thread area is usually damaged and it is not a good idea to reuse them. That is if you can manage to get them off without having to cut. I don't know sizing off hand, but if you can get them off in one piece you just have to take them into an auto parts store and they can match them up. You will want a really long breaker bar or an impact wrench. Nothing is going to come apart easy. Use a manual and torque everything to spec. Use lock tite red on the bolts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where did you get your replacements. I think my 01 double cab needs them as well. I think it is causing the axle wrap and other issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts