Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I need some help with a battery terminal and fusible link. This is for my daughters 2001 Rav4. I started replacing the battery and the positive terminal broke. I went to get a new one but the parts store tells me is a dealer item. I go to the dealer and $22 later I have the terminal. This is were the problem starts. As I tried to remove the old corroded terminal the part that connects to the fusible link breaks off. Is this a dealer item only? I had asked them about the wire only and they told me $900 for the wire because it is a harness. They never mentioned the fusible link. Can any one help me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fixed

Okay I was able to resolve the issue. I went to the dealer the dealer and got the fusible link $43.00, battery terminal $22.00, then a battery at the auto parts store $80, ordered battery cover clips $6.00 for 5 pack, from the dealer a case for the remote $6.00. Installed it all and it worked. Daughters face after telling her the cost - PRICELESS and then there is............

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Thanks for providing the update. Are you going to contact the dealer and tell him what it really cost instead of the quoted $900?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay I need some help with a battery terminal and fusible link. This is for my daughters 2001 Rav4. I started replacing the battery and the positive terminal broke. I went to get a new one but the parts store tells me is a dealer item. I go to the dealer and $22 later I have the terminal. This is were the problem starts. As I tried to remove the old corroded terminal the part that connects to the fusible link breaks off. Is this a dealer item only? I had asked them about the wire only and they told me $900 for the wire because it is a harness. They never mentioned the fusible link. Can any one help me?
I'm having the same issue that you had and went I went to the dealership they quoted me $900 as well. All I need is the fusible link and the positive terminal cable. What part number did you request? Or do you have the part number for the 2 parts? Thanks for your help.

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts