Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought some 6X9s and I don't know how to remove the stock grills so I can get to the screws to unscrew the stock speakers. Can some one please tell me how to do this? Help!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
If the Solara is anything like the Camry, which it should be, then you will need to remove the back seat, which gives you access to the bolts holding in the two outer parts of the seatback that does not fold down. Remove those outer parts. Now, there may be some small screws holding in the speaker shelf. Remove those screws then tug at the shelf. This would expose the speakers. The rest should be straightforward.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Actually, I was checking my Solara yesterday....like Jeff said, it is NOT a easy simple jobs....you have to remove a lot of parts like lower seat, back seats, the side plastic parts (both left and right) and the black back plastic cover....after removing all these parts, you should be able to lift the fabic speaker cover (I know how to do that cause I have to remove the rear struts).....after all the removal, you should be able to see those screws that hold the speakers...yes, it took me like 30-45 minutes by myself to remove everything and you have to remember those pop up screw location and size, strongly recommand you to find some container to carry them cause they are easy to lose....

Good luck...Rookie Solara

1 - 3 of 3 Posts