Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started recently. Put Gumout Fuel Injector cleaner in gas tank EACH fill up. Using If/Then process to eliminate possible causes. Got good battery, plugs as well. Fuel pump working, too. Process of elimination ongoing. Possible dirty injectors or poor spark being delivered to combustion chamber.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is the engine not running right or something and this is making the power steering pump lag? Just not understanding the correlation between your post and the title of your post.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine runs excellent. Just has hard starts every now and then. Am watching for other causes. Again, could be mostly dirty injectors. Car 18 yrs old, but I take good care of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Our echo has 340,000 miles and it's still on the original injectors so I would think yours are probably fine too. We did have to replace our ignition coils when it has a similar starting problem that eventually turned into super rough running. We replaced all four of them with a brand called ECCPP off eBay for around $33 and they have been good for almost three years now. I would make a list of possible causes and start with the cheapest things first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the helpful suggestions. Have only 187000 original miles on car, so yes my next course of action will be replace ignition coils. So far so good. May Dear Jesus bless you, and thank you for the feedback. Have a great day! ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our echo has 340,000 miles and it's still on the original injectors so I would think yours are probably fine too. We did have to replace our ignition coils when it has a similar starting problem that eventually turned into super rough running. We replaced all four of them with a brand called ECCPP off eBay for around $33 and they have been good for almost three years now. I would make a list of possible causes and start with the cheapest things first.
Thank you Migillicuty for your comment about the ignition coils. Since my car is 18 yrs old, will be monitoring that closely if condition worsens. I always like to replace parts in a line to stop the bottleneck problem in its tracks. That way, I know I fixed the the problem right. Have a great day! ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts