Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a PIE adapter from Logjam Electronics back in August. It worked fine with my MP3 connection until last month when I started having volume & static issues. Logjam replaced the unit under warranty.

However, when I tried installing the adapter, the new wiring harness would not click into my JBL stereo. Furthermore, if we got it to stay, the CD button wouldn't work if no CD were inserted (unlike before, when hitting the CD button would activate the AUX connection) and the AUX input wouldn't activate even if a CD were inserted.

My problem is that I head back to school in exactly 1 week and won't be able to do another installation for 12 weeks. To make matters worse, Logjam is closed through Wednesday for some reason, which doesn't leave enough time for another exchange & installation.

My question is are there any other AUX converters from someone other than PIE (sold elsewhere than Logjam) that will work in a 2002 Camry with the JBL CD changer? Alternatively, is there a site that would sell wiring harnesses for a Camry that would have a 2x5 pin connector on the other end (with a centered clip)?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To my pleasant surprise, Logjam Tech Support was in (even on a Saturday night). They assured me that the harness would fit with a little effort. I disconnected all the wires from the stereo and got the piece to fit.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Avalonman said:
You have an Aux port?
Yes. You do too. Its in back of the head unit.

I used a USA-Spec AUX Input for my Sirius satellite unit.

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
white3ch0c0late said:
Yes. You do too. Its in back of the head unit.

I used a USA-Spec AUX Input for my Sirius satellite unit.
hey White, does my 05 w/ JBL also have an aux port on the back of the HU? do u have a pic of what the back of our HU's look like?

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,261 Posts
yeah, does my 05 w/ non-jbl have an aux port on the back of my HU?

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Yes, they should all have an AUX port back there... its there in the event that you install the Toyota CD changer (the one that goes in the trunk).

Sorry I don't have a pic, but if you took your head unit out, you would see it. It would be (if looking from the back) an empty port on the upper left side that looks like a harness would go into.

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
white3ch0c0late said:
Yes, they should all have an AUX port back there... its there in the event that you install the Toyota CD changer (the one that goes in the trunk).

Sorry I don't have a pic, but if you took your head unit out, you would see it. It would be (if looking from the back) an empty port on the upper left side that looks like a harness would go into.
oh right aux PORT, not aux JACK.. i thought i could just run a line from the back of my HU to my mp3 player... what else can i use that aux port for?

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
MrSo0h0o said:
oh right aux PORT, not aux JACK.. i thought i could just run a line from the back of my HU to my mp3 player... what else can i use that aux port for?
:lol: Yeah, port. A jack we definitely don't have.

Basically, the AUX port is what you'd use for a CD Changer or an AUX Input (for a satellite radio unit, or an ipod, or something of that nature). Other than that, I wouldn't know what else you'd be able to use it for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts