Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I just got my 2002 Camry SE today(it was given to me) and I tried to put a CD in the JBL 6-disc changer and it doesnt take the cd. I can hear the gears spinning inside but it just doesnt go in. I am assuming that their is no way to fix this. I would like to stay with the same deck because i like the in-dash changer. I see that i can get a new changer on ebay for about $200 which is about what i would spend on an aftermarket one if i was to go that route.

I would like to add an auxillary port for my mp3 player. Is this possible? I have seen these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIE-T...fAudioQ5fVideo
Will this work with the JBL changer?

I also would like to add a mono-block amp and subwoofers along with the factory deck. What do i need to add a sub amp to this setup?

Thanks for any reply,
Jeremy

Edit:I have A56822 Radio which i am assuming is the same as A56820 but orange display instead of green. Correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Okay so I just got my 2002 Camry SE today(it was given to me) and I tried to put a CD in the JBL 6-disc changer and it doesnt take the cd. I can hear the gears spinning inside but it just doesnt go in. I am assuming that their is no way to fix this. I would like to stay with the same deck because i like the in-dash changer. I see that i can get a new changer on ebay for about $200 which is about what i would spend on an aftermarket one if i was to go that route.

I would like to add an auxillary port for my mp3 player. Is this possible? I have seen these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIE-T...fAudioQ5fVideo
Will this work with the JBL changer?

I also would like to add a mono-block amp and subwoofers along with the factory deck. What do i need to add a sub amp to this setup?

Thanks for any reply,
Jeremy

Edit:I have A56822 Radio which i am assuming is the same as A56820 but orange display instead of green. Correct me if i am wrong.
The A56822 Radio doesn't have a 12pin CD port at the rear of the head-unit (you can check to verify this).... therefore, the PIE adapter will not work. If the head-unit happens to include this port, then you're in luck. As for the sub/amp, you need a speaker-to-line level converter (tap the signal from the rear speaker to feed the sub-amp).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just pulled the deck out to try to figure out(unsucsessfuly) why it wont accept cd's...it does have a free 12 pin port...so does this mean it will work?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Just pulled the deck out to try to figure out(unsucsessfuly) why it wont accept cd's...it does have a free 12 pin port...so does this mean it will work?
Yes, it should work. Used the same adapter on my 2000 Sienna for the overhead DVD player.

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,564 Posts
Try hitting the load button before loading the CD?

Also make sure there are not already six CDs already in there...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, first post. =)

I just bought an '02 Camry and having the exact problem, I can hear the gears roll and everything but it just won't take a CD. Pressing the CD function, or the load, or eject button has no effect or reaction at all.

So like an idiot, I tried to push a CD in without the cd player "taking it" on its own, hoping this would get it rolling.

Now, the display recognizes there's a CD inside, but when I press load or eject, it doesn't eject and still doesn't take CDs. And when I try to play the music it gives me Error 3. Pressing load and CD button does have a reaction though, now it will go to the CD menu.

I wonder if TS ever got the CD problem solved......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts