Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Camry. The low beam headlights stopped working last night. All the other lights work. High beam, driving lights, marker/park lights. I checked all the fuses. I changed the headlight relay. Still nothing. Could it be the headlight switch on the steering column? Trying to do more research before I replace it. Thanks!

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have a 2002 Camry. The low beam headlights stopped working last night. All the other lights work. High beam, driving lights, marker/park lights. I checked all the fuses. I changed the headlight relay. Still nothing. Could it be the headlight switch on the steering column? Trying to do more research before I replace it. Thanks!
Get a helper to turn the stalk switch on and off and listen to the relay (with car in run position but not running so you can hear) and listen for the relay to click. If it does not I'd suspect the switch, BUT be sure you have the correct relay. You can also remove the relay and use a voltmeter to check the socket to see of a 12 volt signal is getting to the relay coil when the switch is on. You'll need a wiring diagram for that. If the car has "DRLS" that circuit may be involved. I don't have an '02 so can't add much more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
apsbainc
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing