Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day wrench wranglers,
Sit back, grab a drink, need your thinking caps. 2002 Camry V6 215k miles. Air condition switch (left of 3 on console) not turning air on. AC light - UNSAT, recirc light - SAT, Defrost light - SAT. Pulled blower motor, tested for continuity, seizing, broken parts - SAT. Pulled the following fuses, tested for continuity: engine bay - HTR 50A, Fan No.1, Fan No.2, Fan No.3, A/F HTR, MG CLT, HTR 10A, A/C; cabin box - HTR, Fan RLY, Panel, GAU, DEF; all SAT to my VOM. Also, switched every available fuse beside the big bay HTR due to only having one. After every swap, I would switch the fan speed to high and test for voltage from the blower plug. Test UNSAT. I have read the thread below and they havent come to any conclusion either. Cant post link due to first time poster.

#post-3996481

I'm stumped here gents... Please advise. Tango.
R/ Steve

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome to TN.

Man, have you come to the right place; I'm really good at drinking.

If your problem is with the heater fan, check all fuses(under hood and dash), then move to blower resistors (usually by blower fan), next up is switch then wiring.

Tap the blower fan, that's sometimes enough to start it.

If it's your ac that's not working your likely low on freon.

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tango for getting back to me,
Next step will be the resistor then. Didnt think about that. Will check tomorrow once I get off work. What are the steps for checking the switch you're talking about?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was referring to your fan switch. Usual circuit for blowers is all positions to resistors with the exception of high speed going through high speed relay. Sorry, no wiring diagram to provide you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trying to find the wiring diagram with the voltage ratings for the resistor. I did pull it out, and was getting low resistance the settings. I'm going to switch it out and see if that works first. When it comes to the switch, isn't that all on one board behind the console? if that went out, would I need to replace the entire Dash unit?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Unsure, you can jump the motor with 12v directly to check for operation as well. As said the old smack sometimes gets them going.

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Parts store transferred the wrong resistor. Will test new one tomorrow. Will also try motor blower with battery. Continuity on it was good. I did seem to get about 4.8v from the plug though. Hoping it's the resistor so I can be done with this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Switched out the old resistor with the new one, no joy. Did a cross continuity check on both resistors and it came out with the same numbers. The old resistor was still good. Back to the drawing boards. I think the next thing is the console unit. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, hard wired blower motor just to second guess myself and it worked. Pulled console unit to check power supply to climate control unit and getting solid 12v. Check continuity through all settings on unit and I was getting readings. I'm coming to the end of the line of what the heck is going on. Please advise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts