Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear driver side power window doesn't work from either driver side switch or the passenger side switch. Once it happened before, but it started to function after few weeks without doing anything. Now again it is not working at all from either switch.

I assume there is some problem with electrical connection to the motor. Is there any relay switch for the power window? Also how do I locate the corresponding Fuse for this power window?

Thanks for any help.

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
:bump:

any info on this anyone? My dad's having the same problem

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
It's most likely the motor, that happened to my 00 Corolla, it stops and go, then I had to replace it. Your car is 6 yrs old, so I'm pretty sure it's the motor.

Take it to a good mechanic (Auto Electrician - Not Dealer), they should be able to test it for you, and you could save some $$$ :D

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
It's just dying not completely dead, just have it checked by an auto electrician.

That's why sometimes I prefer Non-Power windows ;) lol

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
i took apart the door panel yesterday. it sounds like the motor still works. i hear it trying to work (but goes nowhere) when i press/pull the power window button. i think the window is just off track, but i didnt know how to get back there. it looks like there's another layer under the intial plastic one that you take off. well, at least we know its not electrical, so it won't cost as much, right? :confused:

i told him maybe to take it to a window installer. see how much they charge. i hardly take anything to the dealer. they rape you! unless you know someone that works there. :ugh3:

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
i took apart the door panel yesterday. it sounds like the motor still works. i hear it trying to work (but goes nowhere) when i press/pull the power window button. i think the window is just off track, but i didnt know how to get back there. it looks like there's another layer under the intial plastic one that you take off. well, at least we know its not electrical, so it won't cost as much, right? :confused:

i told him maybe to take it to a window installer. see how much they charge. i hardly take anything to the dealer. they rape you! unless you know someone that works there. :ugh3:
Maybe it's the regulator (the one that holds the window in place) can you take a peek through the openings when you open the plastic cover? Press & pull the button and watch the inside movement.

I don't think you can remove the second layer since it's part of the door.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This happened to me with both the rear left passenger window and the front right passenger window. Moving the drivers and passenger switches did nothing but I did hear the click. I bought new motors and regulators for both and got them working. I did take apart my non functional motor to tinker with it and the carbon brushes were really short. A little switchero with my replacement motor brushes with the old one and it worked fine. I would say this is your problem. Now I have a set of motors and regulators just stored away. If someone can give you info on how to get these small carbon brushes you should get your problem solved. Surprizing though as these windows are rarely openned as my AC is on most of the time. Those brushes just fall apart too quickly.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... I did take apart my non functional motor to tinker with it and the carbon brushes were really short. A little switchero with my replacement motor brushes with the old one and it worked fine. I would say this is your problem. ..

Would you elaborate on this? I didn't really understand it. What is Swithcero?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts