Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Work in Progress
'12 Camry SE 4 Cyl
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone or can direct me to a diagram where the oil filter is located?? I looked everywhere and can'y seem to find it.

Thanks

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
I don't have a diagram but if you lay under the car there will be a plastic shield towards the front of the car. The filter is located right behind there, near the recessed area of the oil pan. If you put your hand there you will feel it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't have a diagram but if you lay under the car there will be a plastic shield towards the front of the car. The filter is located right behind there, near the recessed area of the oil pan. If you put your hand there you will feel it.
What he said it would be towards the front right wheel, poking down. I suggest using ramps when changing your oil. I did the stupid mistake of assuming i can get under there with no ramps. Thank god i manged to reach far enough and take the damn thing off. :facepalm:

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
What he said it would be towards the front right wheel, poking down. I suggest using ramps when changing your oil. I did the stupid mistake of assuming i can get under there with no ramps. Thank god i manged to reach far enough and take the damn thing off. :facepalm:
Good point, I tried that on my Mustang once and that was a bad idea :headbang:
And it's a she :rolleyes: lol

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oh and please use ramps to hold up your vehicle. Or have the car secure on 2 jack stands. DON'T EVER try to attempt to do this procedure with a jack, or much worse a factory jack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts