Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
On 2002-03-25 20:16, T-CAM wrote:
Whats up Camry lovers...I'm considering trading in my 98 CAMRy for the 2002....can you give me any reasons not to. Any reviews on the 2002????
My salesperson (for my '98) told me the '02 had some start-up problems in the cold weather, due to some bad o-rings, if I recall correctly. If you can wait until July/August time frame, the '03 models should be available, and some of the bugs should have been worked out. Also, the V6 SE 5-speed version may be available.

Luc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information! I like the 98 model, however I hear the 2002 has a totaly new look. I'm also considering keeping the 98 and putting some dollars into sporting it up. I haven't seen the 2002 on the street yet...what is you impression....By the way what is an o-rings???

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
On 2002-03-25 20:38, T-CAM wrote:
Thanks for the information! I like the 98 model, however I hear the 2002 has a totaly new look. I'm also considering keeping the 98 and putting some dollars into sporting it up. I haven't seen the 2002 on the street yet...what is you impression....By the way what is an o-rings???
These o-rings in question pertain to gaskets, where exactly is the problem, I don't know. The information was just passed onto me. I like the SE trim much better, and have seen a few on the road. However, for some reason, the rear wheels/tires seem small compared to the car's chassis on all the '02. It doesn't hurt to be a multiple Camry owner. :smile:

Luc

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2002 SE V-6. It is a nice car but there a couple of weird things about it.

Turning the ignition over is not as easy as I expected for a new car. Meaning you have to hold it for a few extra seconds than a normal car. The second thing is when i shift from reverse to drive, the car sometimes gets lost in the change and you can feel the tranny "clunk" from shifting too fast. This is an automatic so I cant imagine why it is doing this. I come to a complete stop and everything before shifting and sometimes it still happens. The only other thing I dont like is lack of power. It feels kinda anemic. But all in all I like the car. and I think I made a good choice. Now if they came up with a supercharger for my year, I'd be set!! LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts